Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Xi Jinping Sounds Promising

Started by Gary Oak, January 01, 2015, 10:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Oak

I was talking to a friend in China lat night. Xi Jinping apparently is cracking down on crime. He has gone after a large number of dragonheads and is cracking down on corruption. There have been attempts on his life. I have never read anything about Xi Jinping however from what I have heard he  may actually the best leader since Deng Xiao Ping ac_king

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I was talking to a friend in China lat night. Xi Jinping apparently is cracking down on crime. He has gone after a large number of dragonheads and is cracking down on corruption. There have been attempts on his life. I have never read anything about Xi Jinping however from what I have heard he  may actually the best leader since Deng Xiao Ping ac_king

He is not open to any democratic reforms.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I was talking to a friend in China lat night. Xi Jinping apparently is cracking down on crime. He has gone after a large number of dragonheads and is cracking down on corruption. There have been attempts on his life. I have never read anything about Xi Jinping however from what I have heard he  may actually the best leader since Deng Xiao Ping ac_king

Your friend in China does not seem very bright. Xi is the most nationalistic and perhaps the most anti-Western Chairman China has seen in a while. I like his reform's of the SOE's but they are long overdue. As for his stepped up efforts to root out corruption, he is just carrying on where Hu Jin Tao left off.

From wiki,

Xi's policies have been characterized as "economically liberal but politically conservative" by Cheng Li of the Brookings Institution.[82] The "Document No. 9" is a confidential internal document widely circulated within the Communist Party of China in 2013 by the General Office of the Communist Party of China.[90][91] The document was first published in July, 2012.[92] The document warns of seven dangerous Western values, including "constitutional democracy", "universal values of human rights" and "civil society".[93] Coverage of these topics in educational materials is forbidden.[94] The release of this internal document, which has introduced new topics that were previously not 'off-limits', was seen as Xi's recognition of the 'sacrosanct' nature of Communist Party rule over China.[93]

Xi's administration has also overseen more internet restrictions imposed in China. Xi's term has also marked a further suppression of dissent from civil society, including that which appear in line with Xi's overarching goal of eradicating corruption. Xi's term has seen the arrest and imprisonment of activists such as Xu Zhiyong, as well as numerous others who identified with the New Citizens' Movement. Prominent legal activist Pu Zhiqiang of the Weiquan movement was also arrested and detained.[95] Xi's has been described as preferring highly centralized political power as a means to direct large-scale economic restructuring.[96]

Gary Oak

Does the great USA actually have true elections with only two parties ? Many believe that the presidents are selected and not actually elected at all anymore and haven't been for some time already. Jiang Zemin wasn't a bad leader and that is great, Hu Jintao also was good and this Xi Jinping sounds even better. Perhaps they have a better system for China's needs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Does the great USA actually have true elections with only two parties ? Many believe that the presidents are selected and not actually elected at all anymore and haven't been for some time already. Jiang Zemin wasn't a bad leader and that is great, Hu Jintao also was good and this Xi Jinping sounds even better. Perhaps they have a better system for China's needs.

The US electoral system is all about raising heaps of money. The best fundraisers are nominated by their respective parties as their candidate for the White House.

Back to China, you have very little idea of the role of the Chairman. Jiang, Hu and Xi are merely figureheads. Calling them good or bad is disingenuous. They do not have the power to create real change.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Your friend in China does not seem very bright. Xi is the most nationalistic and perhaps the most anti-Western Chairman China has seen in a while. I like his reform's of the SOE's but they are long overdue. As for his stepped up efforts to root out corruption, he is just carrying on where Hu Jin Tao left off.

From wiki,

Xi's policies have been characterized as "economically liberal but politically conservative" by Cheng Li of the Brookings Institution.[82] The "Document No. 9" is a confidential internal document widely circulated within the Communist Party of China in 2013 by the General Office of the Communist Party of China.[90][91] The document was first published in July, 2012.[92] The document warns of seven dangerous Western values, including "constitutional democracy", "universal values of human rights" and "civil society".[93] Coverage of these topics in educational materials is forbidden.[94] The release of this internal document, which has introduced new topics that were previously not 'off-limits', was seen as Xi's recognition of the 'sacrosanct' nature of Communist Party rule over China.[93]

Xi's administration has also overseen more internet restrictions imposed in China. Xi's term has also marked a further suppression of dissent from civil society, including that which appear in line with Xi's overarching goal of eradicating corruption. Xi's term has seen the arrest and imprisonment of activists such as Xu Zhiyong, as well as numerous others who identified with the New Citizens' Movement. Prominent legal activist Pu Zhiqiang of the Weiquan movement was also arrested and detained.[95] Xi's has been described as preferring highly centralized political power as a means to direct large-scale economic restructuring.[96]

Gary Joak's friends are as dumb as he is. No surprise here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Does the great USA actually have true elections with only two parties ? Many believe that the presidents are selected and not actually elected at all anymore and haven't been for some time already. Jiang Zemin wasn't a bad leader and that is great, Hu Jintao also was good and this Xi Jinping sounds even better. Perhaps they have a better system for China's needs.

The US electoral system is all about raising heaps of money. The best fundraisers are nominated by their respective parties as their candidate for the White House.

Back to China, you have very little idea of the role of the Chairman. Jiang, Hu and Xi are merely figureheads. Calling them good or bad is disingenuous. They do not have the power to create real change.

Politics is so dull.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Politics is so dull.

lol..politics is life sweetpea.......... ac_dance  ac_drinks  acc_devil

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Politics is so dull.

I have heard people say it affects everything, but I don't believe any premier, mayor or prime minister will improve the lives of my family.

Anonymous

Politics is so dull.

Politicians used to be about serving the people. They took good care being frugal with our money and delivered services as cheaply as possible. That's all gone now of course. Now, it's all about squeezing as much cash out of us as possible to buy votes/silence from the loudest

bloodsuckers demanding "action" ie my money. Politics/government/liberal democracy have become evil, bloated monsters. This is why the only government I would ever support is the one that promises to do the least. Canadians spend more on government than we do on food, shelter and clothing. Absolutely criminal!!!

Unfortunately, no political party has the balls to do the right thing and start saying NO.

jaysings

Politics is so dull.

Politicians used to be about serving the people. They took good care being frugal with our money and delivered services as cheaply as possible. That's all gone now of course. Now, it's all about squeezing as much cash out of us as possible to buy votes/silence from the loudest

bloodsuckers demanding "action" ie my money. Politics/government/liberal democracy have become evil, bloated monsters. This is why the only government I would ever support is the one that promises to do the least. Canadians spend more on government than we do on food, shelter and clothing. Absolutely criminal!!!

Unfortunately, no political party has the balls to do the right thing and start saying NO.

You must feel disappointed, no, accurately speaking, you must feel depressive with your unfulfilled anticipation for the Chinese government. We are told that whoever Xi rooted out have been engaged in corruption, but who knows the truth?

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"

You must feel disappointed, no, accurately speaking, you must feel depressive with your unfulfilled anticipation for the Chinese government. We are told that whoever Xi rooted out have been engaged in corruption, but who knows the truth?

I am so happy to see you again jaysings.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"You must feel disappointed, no, accurately speaking, you must feel depressive with your unfulfilled anticipation for the Chinese government. We are told that whoever Xi rooted out have been engaged in corruption, but who knows the truth?

I was actually talking about government here jay. The CCP needs a lot more reform, but overall it is preferable to the North American system of pandering to well-financed, loudmouth assholes at every election.

jaysings

Quote from: "jaysings"You must feel disappointed, no, accurately speaking, you must feel depressive with your unfulfilled anticipation for the Chinese government. We are told that whoever Xi rooted out have been engaged in corruption, but who knows the truth?

I was actually talking about government here jay. The CCP needs a lot more reform, but overall it is preferable to the North American system of pandering to well-financed, loudmouth assholes at every election.

What I meant by that is that you may find Chinese government more unpleasant and harsh to Canadian government if you were a resident who has no chance to have immigration.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"

What I meant by that is that you may find Chinese government more unpleasant and harsh to Canadian government if you were a resident who has no chance to have immigration.

Hey, everybody complains about government Jay and it doesn't matter which country you live in. This is why I say the best government is the smallest one that collects the least amount of our money.